Nation Pet Month - Week 4! Everything else! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Nation Pet Month - Week 4! Everything else!

Options
Albus_Scope
Albus_Scope Posts: 4,439 Scope online community team

Yes folks it's time for the next exciting instalment of Pet month. We've had dogs, cats and birds so far, so this week is for all the other pets! From guinea pigs to pet rocks, anything goes this week! 

As someone who's had many odd pets over the years, I'm very happy to be writing this post today. I've kept everything from fish, mantis shrimp, reptiles, owls, a kestrel, crows, ants, millipedes and praying mantis, so I love seeing all the oddball pets. :)

Here's a few of my babies from the archives...

This is one of my many praying mantis. I used to breed them and had a bedroom full of enclosures for them. They are actually very sweet little things. :)

My old marine fish tank, before everything grew in properly. I also kept freshwater fish, a mantis shrimp (called Professor Hugs) and freshwater shrimp. I had to give it all up due to health reasons.

A new-born Palmate newt (At this stage, they're called 'efts') who hatched yesterday. This is my latest pet experiment. <3

My old crested gecko, Jezza. Very cute, but not the most elegant of creatures. 

@Adrian_Scope also has an oddball pet. Meet Rocky the Destroyer. 
Rocky was instrumental in the liberation of Planet Pig from the insurmountable tyrant that is Ultra Pig and his Army of Vast Quantity.
Victory was hard fought, but won thanks to him being thrown at stuff.

And lastly, this is Betty, who I made today especially for this post. :)

So that's a few of the odder pets the team own, it's over to you. Are you a fish keeper? Do you love keeping snakes? Maybe you have a pet rock too?

Get sharing and show us your friends. :)
Albus (he/him)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
Opinions expressed are solely my own.
Neurodivergent.
Tagged:

Comments

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.