Changing car and tax being entitled to the 50% discount of vehicle tax on new car — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Changing car and tax being entitled to the 50% discount of vehicle tax on new car

Options
johnjosef
johnjosef Community member Posts: 12 Connected
Hi
I am getting a new car (second Hand ) and i need to apply for 50% of vehicle tax, but the old car has got that already and I will cancel that tax, but my statement of entitlement has a stamp on from the DVLA and the registration number of the old car, stating that reduction was applied to the old car.
So how do I change it over, anybody got an idea? Just send in documents and hope?
Thanks

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,713 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    For the old car you will be able to claim back any full months. With 50% reduction the vehicle isn’t registered as disabled anyway, so it makes no difference.

You just need to send all your documents to claim the reduction on your new vehicle. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.