Worried that I updated new address but it wasn’t actioned - very worried.

chillymaid99
chillymaid99 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
I have read that if you don’t update your address you can get fined or even jailed.

I have also a state pension and my partner is also my main Carer.
When we moved they rang the Pension Service about our move, this was about 2 years ago.
The advisor also told us the information would also be passed through to PIP.

We have an address that can be confusing to the postman, so when we never got the yearly payment updates, put it down to the fact a lot of our mail goes missing.

Worried sick now that PIP department never got the updated address.
I know they say they record phone calls but I doubt now there is proof we did update them, plus with a DWP advisor telling us it would go through from the pensions section.

please could anyone give us thoughts on this.

many thanks

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 60,306 Championing
    It's your responsibility to change address for all benefits departments. They don't share information like this from different departments. When I moved house recently I had to contact ESA and PIP. For PIP I had to ring twice because I'm my daughter's appointee, we live together but they wouldn't let me change her address on the same phone call. Crazy really but there you go. 

It's highly unlikely that you will be sent to prison or be fined for not updating your new address. Thankfully you weren't due a review within that time because if you had been and you didn't return the form your PIP could have stopped. 

Just ring them on Monday at 9am and update your address, it will be fine. 

Having said that I still haven't received my annual uprating letter for PIP but my daughter received hers. 
  • chillymaid99
    chillymaid99 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    It's your responsibility to change address for all benefits departments. They don't share information like this from different departments. When I moved house recently I had to contact ESA and PIP. For PIP I had to ring twice because I'm my daughter's appointee, we live together but they wouldn't let me change her address on the same phone call. Crazy really but there you go. 

It's highly unlikely that you will be sent to prison or be fined for not updating your new address. Thankfully you weren't due a review within that time because if you had been and you didn't return the form your PIP could have stopped. 

Just ring them on Monday at 9am and update your address, it will be fine. 

Having said that I still haven't received my annual uprating letter for PIP but my daughter received hers. 
    Thank you poppy for your quick response, it’s not good the advisor said it would go to the pip department too.(The new address) Another strange thing, I claim pension credit and my partner/carer is on that claim. Because they are my appointee they never included him in my change of address, yet they are on my claim form….

Between us we have tried ringing pip and 50 minutes no joy and that’s repeated ringing!
    Wish you could update online, as just getting the music and waiting and up to now they haven’t answered. 
    That is odd they wouldn’t let you change your daughter’s address on the same phone call, so strange.

Thanks so much, I will update.