My wife's assessment, doctor more interested in menopause — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

My wife's assessment, doctor more interested in menopause

Options
pdidy
pdidy Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Hi everyone.
my wife had a assessment done this week.
and would like to warn women on the menopause'
my wife has worked all her life never been out of work.
5 years ago she was involved in a accident . that left here with severe injury's
to her shoulder arm and hand.over the last five years she has had five operations
on her arm elbow and hand, she is left with severe pain. she had a assessment
this weeks my wife suffers chronic pain depression. after going through the assessment, the so called doctor was more interested in her menopause.
 i am guessing this is a new low for the DWP, my wife worked in her job 25 years,
had five operations and it is still not over, she is now unfit for work and been dismissed from her job on ill health grounds. we now await  the dwp letter for the 
decision but we already know that despite my wife's condition and depression
will come back as menopause for her depression, so please be aware. 
will update with the full outcome here,

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,808 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    What assessment was this for please?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • luvpink
    luvpink Community member Posts: 87 Pioneering
    Options
    pdidy said:
    Hi everyone.
    my wife had a assessment done this week.
    and would like to warn women on the menopause'
    my wife has worked all her life never been out of work.
    5 years ago she was involved in a accident . that left here with severe injury's
    to her shoulder arm and hand.over the last five years she has had five operations
    on her arm elbow and hand, she is left with severe pain. she had a assessment
    this weeks my wife suffers chronic pain depression. after going through the assessment, the so called doctor was more interested in her menopause.
     i am guessing this is a new low for the DWP, my wife worked in her job 25 years,
    had five operations and it is still not over, she is now unfit for work and been dismissed from her job on ill health grounds. we now await  the dwp letter for the 
    decision but we already know that despite my wife's condition and depression
    will come back as menopause for her depression, so please be aware. 
    will update with the full outcome here,
    I would have refused point blank to answer questions of that nature and told the assessor it has no relevance whatsoever to the claim.
  • pdidy
    Options
    Hi  the assessment was for fitness to work. 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,808 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I don't understand this..
    pdidy said:
    we already know that despite my wife's condition and depression
    will come back as menopause for her depression, 
    There won't be any medical diagnosis from the assessment. Once the decision is made she will either be found fit for work, LCW or LCWRA.

When she filled in the form did she mention menopause on it? During the assessment they don't always talk about all of your conditions. They will only ask questions for something if they don't have enough of information. 

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • pdidy
    Options
    They had reports from 3 surgeons 
    a doctor and a medical report from private medical from employer. They only questioned when they asked what medication she was using. Then went back to questioning 3 times. Understand my wife went through 5 operations for nerve damage. She now is going to be cut across here chest below the collar bones for another operation. She has had all this done
    worked in her job for 25 years. And more operations. Who wouldn’t be depressed .
  • luvpink
    luvpink Community member Posts: 87 Pioneering
    Options
    @pdidy its not about any diagnosis to qualify for an award.
    Its about how the conditions impact a claimants ability to function to qualify for lcwra.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.