I need real opinions.... — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I need real opinions....

Options
Alextra_Luthor
Alextra_Luthor Community member Posts: 5 Listener
I would like to discuss the difference in being sneaky and wanting a few minutes to a few hours of serenity. I was told working out, bathing, applying  for work applications, and cleaning up when no one is around is being sneaky. I feel it's a form of me time serenity, I can play my music without headphones, I can  just have open space to clean, bath etc. I was also given an example that if they received a phone call from the opposite sex and got up and decided to go outside, it would not be sneaky, it's privacy. Can someone tell me if I'm misunderstanding this and I am being sneaky, or????

Comments

• MW123
    MW123 Scope Member Posts: 497 Pioneering
    Options
    I would like to discuss the difference in being sneaky and wanting a few minutes to a few hours of serenity. I was told working out, bathing, applying  for work applications, and cleaning up when no one is around is being sneaky. I feel it's a form of me time serenity, I can play my music without headphones, I can  just have open space to clean, bath etc. I was also given an example that if they received a phone call from the opposite sex and got up and decided to go outside, it would not be sneaky, it's privacy. Can someone tell me if I'm misunderstanding this and I am being sneaky, or????
    @Alextra_Luthor

From what you've described, it doesn't appear that you're being "sneaky." Seeking moments of serenity or alone time is not inherently underhanded or deceitful, which is typically what being "sneaky" implies.

Everyone needs some time for themselves, and it's healthy to have periods where you can relax, recharge, and focus on your tasks or hobbies without interruption. It's about having personal space and the freedom to engage in activities that bring you peace or a sense of accomplishment.

As for the example given about taking a phone call, it's understandable that someone might want to take a call from another room or outside to have a private conversation without background noise or distractions. This is more about maintaining a level of courtesy and respect for those around you, and it doesn't indicate anything underhanded.

It's also important to remember that people have different comfort levels when it comes to alone time and personal space. What may seem like secrecy to one person may simply be a need for independence or introspection to another.

From what you've shared, it doesn't seem that you're being sneaky. However, open and honest communication with those around you can help ensure that everyone is on the same page and that your need for serenity is respected and understood.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.