Could be entitled to SDP, any advice? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Could be entitled to SDP, any advice?

Options
System
System Posts: 112 Scope online community team
This discussion was created from comments split from: Severe Disability Premium.

Comments

• minime8
    minime8 Community member Posts: 10 Listener
    Options
    Hi everyone.
    i have been receiving pip standard care and standard mobility.went for a review and was awarded enhanced on both.i am on income support..they wrote and said I could be entitled to s.d.p.and asked me to fill in the form they sent.but why is it only now they have informed me of this.i have been on pip since 2012 .if any one could give me advice .on how it works I would appreciate it .thank you .
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,887 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    minime8 said:
    Hi everyone.
    i have been receiving pip standard care and standard mobility.went for a review and was awarded enhanced on both.i am on income support..they wrote and said I could be entitled to s.d.p.and asked me to fill in the form they sent.but why is it only now they have informed me of this.i have been on pip since 2012 .if any one could give me advice .on how it works I would appreciate it .thank you .
    For the SDP you must live alone or be treated as living alone, so no other adults living with you. If there's other adults living with you they must either be registered blind or claim a qualifying disability benefit theirself, such as PIP/ADP daily living, DLA mid/high rate care or AA. 

No one must be claiming either carers allowance or carers element of Universal Credit for looking after you.severe-disability-premium
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • minime8
    Options
    Hi no one receives carers for me there only my son who receives pip and esa .so hope fully I will receive it.the gentleman I spoke to said he will put it down to have it backdated .my daughter was 19when she went to uni.
    so I know I won’t be entitled to it for the year .she was claiming esa due to mental health issues .but no one has lived with me since only my son .who receives pip.daily and mobility .if anyone could advise me on how it works I would be grateful.thank you 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    You mention a daughter at Uni but where does she normally live? Are you claiming for help with any rent? If so do you still claim a bedroom for your daughter? 

Does she claim a qualifying disability benefit? 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • minime8
    Options
    Morning poppy .no she did not claim this..but last night I had a cal .from dwp
    saying that I am going to receive a large payment to my bank.due to that they did not realise I was getting middle care .they thought I was just getting standers mobility .and they owed me this payment.my daughter spoke to the gentleman from dwp.due to I get breathless very quickly.could this be sdp .cause my daughter spoke to the gentleman.she not sure .if it is sap or just payback that they didn’t pay me .due to  them not realising I was on middle care.i was getting £107 a fortnight.and been on pip since 2012.
    If you could give me some insight I would be grateful.thank you .
  • minime8
    Options
    Sorry I put in for sdp on Monday just gone .thank you 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    It sounds like money owed for SDP, that’s great news! 
  • minime8
    Options
    Thank you poppy for your reply’s .its still hard to take in.just glad they realised that I did get standard living.
    hope you have a good day and thank you again 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Any daily living part of PIP qualifies you for SDP. See link https://www.entitledto.co.uk/help/severe-disability-premium

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.