CBD & autism — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

CBD & autism

Options
chiarieds
chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,127 Disability Gamechanger
Now I'm not saying this is a cure all, but today had an email from the Realm of Caring, which is USA-based & a good resource for cannabis-related products such as CBD oil, which may be of interest. Here's the link: https://realmofcaring.org/cannabis-autism/?_kx=-XlI_o0OH_1ORli5avtLw_fxy-4dZzQ29xzMPQwnwoM.UvV543  (it can take a while to load)
It's early days, as more research is needed, as with most things about CBD oil, as more research has been done about cannabis itself in the past, tho our understanding about the body's natural endocannabinoid system is nonetheless hopefully helping.

Comments

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,759 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    They suggested not long ago that CBD would be a cure for epilepsy in children, sadly it turned out not to be so.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,127 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    NICE guidelines do in fact recommend Epidyolex, which is cannabidiol, together with clobazam for children with either Dravet syndrome or Lennox-Gastaut syndrome if their seizures have not been well controlled with other medications. I don't think CBD is a cure all for either such epilepsy or any other disorder, but it may help.
  • 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,909 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Thanks for sharing this @chiarieds

I don't want to sound like I'm spouting a phrase which has already been used to death, but I have decided that I don't actually want to cure my autism

However as with almost anything in life autism brings with it positives and negatives and if there are things that help alleviate those negative experiences, I'm all for reading into it :)

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.