If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Sarah2661!

Options
Sarah2661
Sarah2661 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
Hi was wondering if anyone is able to help me..
I applied for lcwra nearly 3 years ago . I had a 3 month break in my uc claim due to having to much savings. I only had that 3 months space due to savings. So upon being able to claim uc again I have received my assessment and been awarded the claim. Will I still get a back dated payment from when I applied or not. 
My disability have never changed only that 3 months from having to much money in my account 

Comments

• Ada
    Ada Scope Member Posts: 15,200 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi Ive just nudged in to welcome you to our Scope community. 
    Someone will come along to advice and support you I’ve no doubt. It may not be this Sunday evening but don’t worry xx
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,046 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Although you had LCWRA when your claim ended because it ended due to too much capital then the LCWRA element would have also ended. You will not need to wait 3 full assessment periods before the extra money is paid. It will then be paid from the 4th month with first payment being the end of that month. 

When it's paid from will depend on what date you reported your health condition/provided your first fit note and what date you usually receive your money each month. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Sarah2661
    Options
    Thank you. So I will not be paid any back payment to when I first started the claim then 3 years ago. I didn't recieve lcwra it was the one down from that component  and when i applied for uc again that was also still on my claim or will it start again from when I reapplied for uc as was unsure as to what you meant with the last bit of the statement. I have been awarded it already in with my next statement. Will this be from when I reapplied in August? Or would they carry on from December last year being the 4th month meaning they would owe 5 months back payment ? 
  • Sarah2661
    Options
    How long is assessment periods? 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    When you said you applied for LCWRA nearly 3 years ago I took that as meaning when your claim ended you had been found to have LCWRA. 

You will not be owed money from the time you applied nearly 3 years ago because before your claim ended it was LCW that you had. When you started your claim again after it ended due to capital I'm very surprised that the LCW was still on your claim because that should have ended due to your capital. 

As I advised I would still expect there to be a waiting period from when you provided that fit note once you reclaimed. 

I can't advise without knowing the answers to the questions I asked. What date did you provide that first fit note when you reclaimed? What date do you usually receive your money each month?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Sarah2661
    Options
    I have not needed to provide any fit notes for a long time. I stopped having to hand fits notes in when I received disability more than 4 years ago. I received lcw before my capital got to much in April 2024 . I reapplied for uc in August last year and had previously applied for lcwra about 3 years ago. I only just got my assesemnt 2 weeks ago. Received the lcwra and have had my payment into my next statement due in the 1st of next month. Hope that helps.  Explain what I mean 
  • Sarah2661
    Options
  • poppy123456
    edited April 28
    Options
    You said you applied for LCWRA 3 years ago but before your UC ended because you had too much savings you had LCW. Therefore the 3 years ago is irrelevant and you won't be owed money from all that time. 

When you reapplied for UC you should have provided fit notes. As you didn't provide fit notes then it will be up to a decision maker to decide when exactly the extra money is paid from. 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.