Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.

Worried sick over rishi sunak

Options
ellie_rsg
ellie_rsg Community member Posts: 26 Connected
im on pip and lcwra for mental health reasons. my mental health is not fixable. ive done many treatments and medications. none of witch work. ive also been privatley diagnosed as autistic.. but as it was private and recent im still yet to give my letter to the gp. and i dont know if that will even make a difference. im worried sick that i will be made to work and that my money will stop. its my lifeline. they are trying to kill us.. 

Comments

• apple85
    apple85 Community member Posts: 464 Pioneering
    Options
    First breathe (nothing can happen overnight)

Second, take the time to fill in and submit the pip consultation and if you still have drive after that, contact your mp, contact the labour top brass (as its most likely them in charge when policy changes actually go through) and help get this whole mess trending on social media

many voices can make all the difference
  • Rosie_Scope
    Rosie_Scope Posts: 2,675 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hi @ellie_rsg, sorry to read you're feeling so stressed out by everything that's been going on. Apple85 has given some good advice so far, definitely take a breath and step away from the news if you need to. If you're feeling up to it, some of the other actions might help you feel more in control too. 

Whatever happens, we're all here to support each other, so please take care of yourself <3
    Rosie (she/her)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • JasonRA
    JasonRA Community member Posts: 37 Pioneering
    Options
    Are these proposals in regards of PIP hinging on whether the Conservative government wins the next election or are these proposals going to be enacted before the up and coming election?

Then there's the possibility of legal action against this Government also, that these proposals could be seen as unlawful, then there's the Labour factor or in the event of a hung parliament a Lib Dem/Labour factor. There's a lot of unanswered questions over this.

Please if you can, do not look at the news in regards of this, put it aside for the time being. Keep tabs on the admins/tenured commenters here, they'll be a source of information if or when anything occurs.

And most importantly take care of yourself.

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.