If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

LCWRA

Options
suzyblue22
suzyblue22 Community member Posts: 9 Listener
Hi 
I’m intrigued to hear back as I know this is wrong 
I’ve been awarded LCWRA after a tribunal. 
I first reported a worsen health change in April 2022 and handed in sick notes throughout with no gaps right up until June 2023 when I got awarded LCW I put in for a mandatory reconsideration awith that coming back no change.
Then went to tribunal I asked DWP if I should carry on with sick notes they said no not at the present. 
Sorry for the rambling 
I was awarded 10 month bank pay when I’ve question this DWP response with this reply which I will post. 
Surely this isn’t correct I’ve read tons on here and GOV.UK

Comments

• suzyblue22
    Options
  • suzyblue22
    Options

Any advice or feedback would be greatly appreciated 
    Thanks 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,193 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    They are not correct here. As you reported changes to your health condition and you already had LCW then the extra money should be from the assessment period in which you reported the changes, providing you sent a fit note to support that. 

I'm a little confused though because in Dec 2022 you said you had been awarded LCWRA...lcw-lcwra
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • suzyblue22
    Options
    I know know I posted a while back in my name but was my sisters concerns rather than say posting on behalf. 
    Sorry for the misleading and misunderstanding 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,193 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Ah ok thanks for explaining that. With regards to your claim, put a message onto your journal and tell them the date you actually reported the changes. Remind them that the extra money is from that assessment period. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • suzyblue22
    Options
    Yes I have done I’m waiting on a reply I’ve asked them for a MR not that I should have to.
    thanks x
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.