If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Government changing pip payments for mental illness

Options
cupcake88
cupcake88 Posts: 1,293 Pioneering
edited May 1 in PIP, DLA, and AA
hi hi every one I’m in a panic as I read that the government are going to stop pip for mental illnesses is this right 
Tagged:

Comments

• Rosie_Scope
    Rosie_Scope Posts: 2,546 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hi @cupcake88, I know it's difficult, but please don't panic. Nothing will be happening immediately. The proposals are currently in consultation and the general election may change things too, so it's important that for now you just look after yourself and try not to worry about it if you can. Lots of members have been worried too, so you're not alone in how you're feeling and we're all here to support each other through it all. We'll keep everyone up to date with any information we find out :)
    Rosie (she/her)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • cupcake88
    Options
    Are they trying to get rid of pip completely or just for people who are mentally I’ll I Duno what I would do with out my pip 
  • Rosie_Scope
    Rosie_Scope Posts: 2,546 Scope online community team
    Options
    We don't know what will happen yet. It's unlikely they'd get rid of PIP completely, but there might be some changes. Scope have written an explanation about the proposals here if you'd like to read it. As I said earlier, nothing will be happening quickly, so it's best not to worry about it too much at this stage :)
    Rosie (she/her)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • cupcake88
    Options
    I really hope there are no changes it’s hard enough to get pip in the first place and now they want to change every thing . 
  • 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 14,048 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    As said it's just a proposal, likely by people who will more than likely be relatively powerless before they get any chance to execute their ideas, nothing is set in stone

I know it's easier said than done but don't worry
  • Biblioklept
    Biblioklept Community member Posts: 4,707 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Even if they are powerless, the aren't the only party that will be paying attention to the outcome of the consultations. 
    The best way to not worry about something is to know you've done everything in your power. In this case that means filling out their stupid consultation about the changes (which they ironically call 'modernising support for independent living') 
    It looks overwhelming but don't be put off, respond to the consulation
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.