If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Advice for UC

Options
Deppi
Deppi Community member Posts: 9 Connected
I found a message on my journal asking me for bank statements worth of 6 months. This followed a report of change of circumstances I made for getting £3000 after selling a vehicle, almost a month ago. As we speak, today I got this message, the money have been spent mostly to furniture (child bedroom totally refurbished) and 2 new appliances we needed, a dehydrator and water filter, both of which we had and broke down sometime ago. I now have £1500.

So my saving always have been below the 6k mark, even when I got the money it was aprox £4000 and i declared that amount, alongside how I got the 3k.

I dont care about the bank statements etc, I know all is ok, but did I do something wrong? Can this turn to be a headache of some sort?

And, I was to tell them what has been left next week as we are expecting something else that was on back order and will pay the balance. 

So I am a bit confused when to tell them the money were spent, now, next week all has been received? I have invoices with dates for everything and its all from major retailers.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,046 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I don’t understand why you reported the changes when you didn’t have more than £6,000 in capital. Capital of less then this is ignored.

I can only assume they are just wanting to check that you didn’t have more than that amount anytime in those 6 months. 

I can’t see there being any issues because as you said yourself you didn’t have more than that amount anyway.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Deppi
    Options
    I don’t understand why you reported the changes when you didn’t have more than £6,000 in capital. Capital of less then this is ignored.

I can only assume they are just wanting to check that you didn’t have more than that amount anytime in those 6 months. 

I can’t see there being any issues because as you said yourself you didn’t have more than that amount anyway.
    I thought I had to, regardless of the 6k. Reason being I saw somewhere (I cant find it now) on my account, an area that it was showing the savings figure I declared when I did the claim for UC. I assumed this amount should be always updated, not for small changes maybe but for an amount of £3000 I felt I should.
    Made a mess, and triggered that now.

I read people going through that thing wait a while for a response after they sent bank statements. I hope it will not affect my upcoming payment, right?
  • poppy123456
    Options
    When you first claim UC then yes you should report any savings you have. after that there's no need to report savings of less than £6,000 because they are ignored anyway. 

Providing you send them what they asked for within the timescale your payment shouldn't be affected.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Deppi
    Options
    Good. Thank you for your replies. (apologies for the past). Be well.
  • poppy123456
    Options
    You're welcome and no problem. 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.