If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

How to deal with feeling nevous about want to talk to one guy that i'm attrated to ?

Options
Splatmate24
Splatmate24 Community member Posts: 395 Courageous
Is been a good week this time. I did say bye to one guy that I'm attracted to. I do want to talk more with one guy but I get nervous and shy around him. I have noticed that I seem to be attracted to guys who are shy. as I noctied that I might be getting butterflies with only one guy from adult gaming . Is there any other sign to know if I'm attracted to one guy . Unlike Unlike other guys that i seen or met i wasn't attracted or was a bit attracted but I been turned off by some men and one men turn out to be player throughout online dating . I'm not bother with online dating is only good to meet new people but not good for long term relationships . I also want to take it slow and get to know the person first. I'm okay and have been some of my own experience with being attracted to one guy and being turned off by others guys from online dating?

Comments

• Rosie_Scope
    Rosie_Scope Posts: 2,546 Scope online community team
    Options
    @Splatmate24 Glad you've had a good week! It's normal to feel nervous or shy about talking to new people, but butterflies sounds like a good sign.

You might need to get to know them a bit more before you know whether you're attracted to them or not. It sounds great that you want to take it slowly, though.

Maybe you could think of some questions you'd like to ask the person to get to know them better. You could start by giving them a compliment about their clothes, or just say hello and ask them about their favourite games. 

You could also try practicing asking your questions with a friend or family member before you talk to the person you're attracted to, that might help you feel a little bit less nervous. 

It's not a bad thing to feel shy, just remember to take some deep breaths and take it nice and easy :) 
    Rosie (she/her)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • Splatmate24
    Options
    Rosie Scope my family is not good with advice and my mum is not good when comes to talking that i might be attracted to o a guy .  i had frieds but some of them are already in a relaitonship that are some guys and women . i don't have many friends . i can forgot quiet easy . 
  • Rosie_Scope
    Rosie_Scope Posts: 2,546 Scope online community team
    Options
    @Splatmate24 You could even practice saying things to them in the mirror or by yourself if you haven't got anyone to help you practice at home. It might feel a bit silly at first, but some people find that kind of thing helpful so it could be worth a try :)

And maybe you could write a couple of questions down and take them with you on a small piece of paper to remind yourself of some things to talk about. 
    Rosie (she/her)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • Splatmate24
    Options
    Rosie_Scope Is good ideal and good but i right next to public events and next to a road that is very busy
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.