Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions and do not want to discourage open discussion, we cannot allow discussions which are purely intended to influence voting.

As ever, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.

Hi, my name is annie16!

Options
annie16
annie16 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
I'm 69 l was on dla 32 years . then moved to pip my doctor wrote a letter of support as assessment refused me pip then l got back full awards l was on dla with frontal lobe amesia ongoing and severe confusion  these days l have over a dozen disabilities mostly multiskelital and blood pressure asthma bowel issues vitamin deficiencies and some emotional memory problems. And my amnesia .... now find it difficult to walk so recently got a motability scooter l lose my balance l fall l burn myself sometimes hospitalised twice with burns lm terrified of losing my independance and being put in a care home l get a shower once every few months as l don't know how to get washed l feel embarrassed admitting this to strangers 

Comments

• Beaver79
    Beaver79 Community member Posts: 23,900 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi  @annie Welcome to the Community. Thank you for telling us something about yourself.
    Have you ever applied for a Health and Social Care Assessment. This is carried out by Social Services to find out what help and support you need, like healthcare, equipment, help in your home.

https://www.gov.uk/apply-needs-assessment-social-services

You do not have to feel embarrassed we do not know who you are. We are here to listen and help where we can.
    If you have any questions please ask. Take care.
  • Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 5,307 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hey there @annie16 and welcome from me too. :)

There's no need to apologise or feel embarrassed, we all face our own struggles and it's good you've reached out. As Beaver has said, it'd be worth contacting your local council to organise a needs assessment.  Are you in regular contact with your GP as well? 
    Albus (he/him)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
    Opinions expressed are solely my own.
    Neurodivergent.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.