If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Compliance phone appointment

Options
linzi_77
linzi_77 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi I had a compliance interview in September 2023. 
They told me because one of my daughters works full time she should be paying my rent I told them I receive full pip and they agreed they didn’t have to pay. 
However I have another one again tomorrow 8th of may. 
I called him and told him I’d already had one he said it’s just a check up but I suffer form serious anxiety and PTSD I’m in tears as to why again my ex partner comes and goes as I have a lot of mobility needs and my daughters not here due to work again I’ve checked up and that shouldn’t affect my uc even if he needs to stay over he’s a lodger apparently please can someone advise me. 
Thankyou so much 

Comments

• Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 5,706 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hey @linzi_77 and welcome to the community. :)

I understand how nerve wracking those calls can be, but please try not to worry too much, they'll just be wanting to check you're receiving the correct benefits. Lots of the community have had them and they were all fine. :)  Will you let us know how you get on please? 
    Albus (he/him)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
    Opinions expressed are solely my own.
    Neurodivergent.
  • linzi_77
    linzi_77 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Thankyou Albus I’ll update after the phone call many thanks for your reply :) 
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.