Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions and do not want to discourage open discussion, we cannot allow discussions which are purely intended to influence voting.

As ever, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Pip tribuneral today

Options
sarablackmore
sarablackmore Community member Posts: 18 Listener
edited May 10 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I have my appeal hearing today at 2 im so scared i dont know if i can do it. I opted for a paper hearing as part of my problems are anxiety and agrophobia but they ajourned it for a face to face hearing so i have no choice but to go. Im terrified right now my heart feels like its coming out my chest

Comments

• rebel11
    rebel11 Community member Posts: 1,669 Pioneering
    edited May 9
    Options
    Calm down, deep breaths, it's the fear of the 'unknown'. 

But you know what it's about, PIP it's not as 'daunting' as you think.

Take your time answering questions, give 'real world examples' of the difficulties you face when you encounter day to day difficulties regarding each of the descriptors.

Give them examples the last time you tried to do the task, what happened and was anyone there to help you. 

Give them information on the 'aids' you use. Ask for a break if you feel you need one.

If they ask you a question and you don't know the answer, just say 'I don't know'.
    Don't be scared to ask them to repeat a question. 

They are 'human'.  Best of luck.

• karen19862
    karen19862 Community member Posts: 81 Courageous
    Options
    Hope everything went well mine is very soon. Its been a long stressful haul x hope you got the outcome you wanted.
  • sarablackmore
    Options
    It went great thank you i was obviously a mess by the time i got in the room with them but it lasted 10 mins they were lovely and i got enhanced for both so all the stress and tears were worth it
  • sarablackmore
    Options
    I hope yours goes well to 
  • karen19862
    Options
    Thank you x I've no idea how it will pan out 16 months since I applied so I'm not holding my breath. Congratulations on sticking with it xx well done and truly deserved x
  • Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 5,552 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    That's amazing news @sarablackmore congratulations! The waiting really is the worst part. 
    Make sure you treat yourself now it's all been sorted. :) 

Best of luck for you @karen19862 the tribunal part really is a piece of cake compared to the assessment, so you'll do fine. :) 
    Albus (he/him)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
    Opinions expressed are solely my own.
    Neurodivergent.
  • sarablackmore
    Options
    Thank you both karen mine has been 15 months so not far behind you
  • karen19862
    Options
    Thank you Albus . I'm hoping I can get through it. The bundle makes no sense so I'm going to focus on why I appealed from my mr if that helps
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.