Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions and do not want to discourage open discussion, we cannot allow discussions which are purely intended to influence voting.

As ever, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Hi, my name is ktask! Can a warden controlled council flat can be moved to another district?

Options
ktask
ktask Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hello. I'm just asking some because my mum is 79 and is going through some health issues at the moment. We live about 30miles apart and I'm trying to find out whether or not a warden controlled council flat can be moved to another district or if we have to apply again. If this makes sense. This all very daunting.

Comments

• Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 5,552 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    heya @ktask and welcome to the community. 

I'm afraid I'm not great with the rules for housing, but I'll just pop your discussion in the housing category, so more people in the know will be able to see it and hopefully offer some top advice. I hope that's ok? 
    Albus (he/him)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
    Opinions expressed are solely my own.
    Neurodivergent.
  • Kimmy87
    Kimmy87 Community member Posts: 410 Pioneering
    Options
    I think the best place to ask is the council housing department of the district you want her to move to. They can advise you what kind of application process is needed and whether a transfer is possible. 
  • luvpink
    luvpink Community member Posts: 141 Pioneering
    Options
    ktask said:
    Hello. I'm just asking some because my mum is 79 and is going through some health issues at the moment. We live about 30miles apart and I'm trying to find out whether or not a warden controlled council flat can be moved to another district or if we have to apply again. If this makes sense. This all very daunting.
    Hi
    Where I live your mum would have be on the council waiting list and qualify for a section 106 to move to another area.
    Your mum should qualify for that but the council would require evidence of her health issues and probably and occupational therapist assessment report.
    The best people to advise you on the required criteria are your local council.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.