If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Hi, my name is Smizik! I need to confirm that I cannot work again. How do I do this please?

Options
Smizik
Smizik Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited May 14 in Universal Credit (UC)
Good day, I have a question about universal credit. I need to confirm that I cannot work again. I can't understand how and where I can do this. I have AMC and I really can't work, I have big problems with my legs.

Comments

• Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 5,706 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hey there @Smizik and welcome to the community. :)

Apologies, are you looking for information into Work Capability Assessments? I've linked to them just in case. You can leave a note on your UC journal to ask for one, but you will need to provide a fit note from your GP.
    Albus (he/him)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
    Opinions expressed are solely my own.
    Neurodivergent.
  • Smizik
    Smizik Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    The problem is that I have already gone through the whole procedure and confirmed my disability, but I was in the job search group from Universal Credit, and after some time I started working. However, I could only work for 2 days because my legs hurt very badly, and I left. After that, they do not accept my fit note and say that after the last WCA, I am able to work, but it's not possible. I really can't work; I have terrible knee pain, I can't move my wrists and elbows, I can't raise my hands above my head. All of this is part of my condition that I've had since birth. The question is, can I do a new WCA to confirm my disability again for Universal Credit? My disability call AMC
  • luvpink
    luvpink Community member Posts: 163 Pioneering
    Options
    @Smizik
    Yes you can put in a new application for a wca
    Remember its not just about proving you have a disability but you have to state how your condition affects you and the reasons why you are incapable of working.
    It sounds like your condition has deteriorated since your last assessment and you have explained that well.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.