If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

ESA award pip and savings

Options
kia18
kia18 Community member Posts: 7 Listener

Hi please can someone give me advice i am in the esa support group and have just had a pip assessment and been awarded more help with pip a month so i am now getting £549 a month plus £318 esa every 2 weeks i have £5350 of savings which wasn't an issue before my pip went up dramatically then esa rates went up too as i wasn't over £6000 limit now im very anxious and confused as i don't know if pip mixed with savings is allowed esa even contacted me saying i should apply for severe disability premium because of pip but then i had my savings in october before this happened so i just don't know if im allowed this new rate of pip and with the savings mixed pip i know dosent affect esa in its self and the savings didn't but now with me getting higher rates more help and pip and savings mixed im anxious stressed confused and i struggle to work out money and understand things.This all happened from april this year so im worried ive done something wrong.

Comments

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 12,133 Disability Gamechanger
    Options

PIP is never affected by savings, ESA only matters if its Income Related and not just Cont.based.

2024 Election won

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 57,250 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • kia18
    kia18 Community member Posts: 7 Listener
    Options

Hi guys thankyou poppy and woodbine for your help .sorry for late reply.I was very upset and anxious but managed to ring the dwp who deal with my claim for income based esaand i reported the change told them my capital and told them about my pip and savings i told them the the amounts and they did say i was breaking no rules.But thanks for the welcome and the help everyone.

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.