If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Stopping UC & LCWRA

Options
MacLeanK
MacLeanK Community member Posts: 11 Listener

Hi everyone, I hope you’re all well.

I guess I’m looking for some advice and/or guidance.

I’ve been receiving LCWRA for a few years now. It has been amazing and I’m fully aware I’m lucky to receive it.

I have had a really bad time in the last 4/5 months, more so than usual anyway. It’s made me think a lot about my current situation and what I need to do to help myself. I’ve decided I want to stop receiving UC/LCWRA because I’ve realised it actually affects me. I’m going to move back in with my parents in the next month and just focus on helping myself.

With this, do I need to give a reason as to why I want to end my claim? Or is it just as simple as saying I want to end it?

Thank you.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 57,181 Disability Gamechanger
    Options

Moving in with your parents doesn’t mean that you will no longer be entitled to UC with the LCWRA element. You can just end the LCWRA element.

To end your claim you will need to close your whole UC and then there will be no entitlement.

Please think very very carefully before you do that. What will you live off?

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.