If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Hi, I'm Littlefatfriend! Does anyone know when electric seats became commonplace in sports cars?

Options
Littlefatfriend
Littlefatfriend Community member Posts: 6 Listener
edited May 22 in Transport and travel

I've had my spinal injury (complete, T4) for 34 years.

The electric seats which are now fitted to my Jaguar XKR (and many other newish cars) don't fold backwards all the way, preventing me getting my wheelchair into the car.

Does anyone have any idea when electric seats became commonplace in sports car please?

It can be a subtle thing to explore with sellers from a distance!

Thanks in advance for any help

Luke

Comments

• Rosie_Scope
    Rosie_Scope Posts: 3,290 Disability Gamechanger
    Options

Hi @Littlefatfriend, welcome to the community! I'm afraid I'm not too sure about your question as it's not something I've come across before, but I'll put your post into our transport section where some of our members can find it more easily and offer their thoughts. I hope that's okay with you! Just wanted to say hello and welcome 😊

Rosie (she/her)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • Littlefatfriend
    Littlefatfriend Community member Posts: 6 Listener
    Options

Cheers Rosie,

I didn't know and I know rather a lot about Jaguar cars! It's a detail of that style of car which is difficult to establish online and seems common.

I'm curious if anyone has found a solution/way around, you know how resourceful we may be!

Luke

• Rosie_Scope
    Rosie_Scope Posts: 3,290 Disability Gamechanger
    Options

Always worth asking @Littlefatfriend! I know we have some members that know all sorts about cars, so hopefully they'll be able to offer some insight. Hope you find a way forward!

Rosie (she/her)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 14,983 Disability Gamechanger
    Options

Sorry it's a really vague answer but a family member had a colleague about 20 years ago who was a wheelchair user, he drove a Porsche. He enjoyed winding prejudicial people up by legitimately parking in a disabled spot and then seeing them go red-faced when he got his wheelchair out

So maybe Porsche may be a brand to look into

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.