Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions and do not want to discourage open discussion, we cannot allow discussions which are purely intended to influence voting.

As ever, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.

Ill health retirement

Options
AnnemarieO
AnnemarieO Community member Posts: 3 Listener

hi everyone

I have just been awarded tier 3 ill health retirement but I have appealed the tier 3 classification as I don’t agree with the comments made in the report. I have only just sent in my request for re-assessment and I don’t know what is likely to happen next. I’m assuming I will have to offer some supporting medical evidence but I’m not sure how to go about that. Has anyone gone down this road before? And more importantly, has anyone ever won an appeal?

Annemarie

Comments

• Wibbles
    Wibbles Community member Posts: 1,721 Pioneering
    edited May 28
    Options

@AnnemarieO

I won an appeal on IHR where I was initially refused any IHR - I appealed and was granted tier 1 (enhanced) !

medical evidence is the be-all-and-end-all with IHR.

You really need more than just GP docs - you need hospital consultants letters - send them everything that you have

I was told that LGPS (my pension people) had only offered IHR - of any tier, to 50 people over the last 10 years - which somewhat concerned me - but with union assistance I WON 3 years ago..

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.