Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions and do not want to discourage open discussion, we cannot allow discussions which are purely intended to influence voting.

As ever, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Inspired poem ahead Paralympics

Options
Globster
Globster Community member, Community Volunteer Host, CP Network, Scope Member Posts: 2,553 Disability Gamechanger
edited June 2 in Coffee lounge

There are 100 days to go until the start of the Paris Paralympics.

Paralympics I will be looking at all the Paralympic athletics from different countries.

Every Paralympic athlete is a true inspiration to us all.

I eagerly watch the closing to see who wins medals for their country as they make their nation and people proud of them

After months of training for every countries, athletes have a chance to write their piece of history for themselves and their nation too.

I want to also wish good luck to our GB Paralympic athletics good luck I know you will make yourselves proud and your families and the UK nation will be cheering you all on.

Win or lose you will be all stars in the eyes and hearts of the UK Nation.

I am a Community Volunteer Host. Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.

Comments

• Rosie_Scope
    Rosie_Scope Posts: 3,274 Disability Gamechanger
    Options

I didn't know it was so soon, that's exciting 😊 What's your favourite Paralympic sport to watch?

Rosie (she/her)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • Globster
    Globster Community member, Community Volunteer Host, CP Network, Scope Member Posts: 2,553 Disability Gamechanger
    Options

@Roise_Scope

I love watching the boccia and the wheelchair racing

Do you have favourite sports you in Paralympics?

I don't know have mentioned this but I am struggling with searching people usernames on the online community

I am a Community Volunteer Host. Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.

• Rosie_Scope
    Rosie_Scope Posts: 3,274 Disability Gamechanger
    Options

Nice @Globster, I like the athletics and the swimming 😊

I will pass that on about searching for usernames. There are still some issues about, sorry about that!

Rosie (she/her)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.