If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

moving home worried about UC

Options
ashleyking12
ashleyking12 Community member Posts: 1 Listener

hello all my names ash and i am having to move home.

i have lived in my house for 8 years and now the landlord is selling. i have 2 children who live with me on my own as a single father. i have found another place to move too down the road from me (still same local authority) but i am worried that a move will trigger a uc change. i have been waiting for a migration notice to come through so i will get the "legacy" protection top ups, but it has not come yet and now i only have 4 weeks to move.

i am on the following benefits:

ESA / PIP / housing benefit / child benefit / child tax credit.

my local council has said that i can keep my housing benefit as it will be in the same area, and i know i can keep my pip and child benefit as they are not affected by UC, but i am worried about the child tax and the ESA.

nothing else has changed just the address and its in the same local authority.

so will this affect my child tax and ESA? because of them will i need tro go to UC?

Tagged:

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 57,208 Disability Gamechanger
    Options

A move to the same local Authority is not a change of circumstances that will prompt a move to UC because for housing benefit it will be a change of circumstances form you need to fill in.

For all other benefits it's just a simple change of address I moved house in January this year and claim Income Related ESA and housing benefit. Like yourself I moved within the same LA and remained on my existing benefits.

Good luck with the move, it's stressful but you'll get there!

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.