Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions and do not want to discourage open discussion, we cannot allow discussions which are purely intended to influence voting.

As ever, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.


camalapen7 Community member Posts: 28 Connected

Hi, I am planning to move out, therefore would not be entitled to housing benefits. Will I still be entitled to the work allowance. If so would this be done automatically or will I have to start the whole process again?


  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 56,210 Disability Gamechanger

    The work allowance refers to Universal Credit. Unless you're living in either temporary or supported housing your rent will be paid through UC known as housing element and not housing benefit.

    If you no longer have a liability to pay rent to a landlord then housing element will end. You will still be entitled to the work allowance if you or a partner are working. When you're not claiming for help with the rent your work allowance is higher and will be £673/month. It's automatically applied when calculating your monthly entitlement and means that amount of earnings each month is ignored before any deductions apply. Of course if neither yourself or partner are not receiving any earnings then the work allowance is irrelevant.

    I note from previous threads that you were found to have LCWRA so please be aware that if the work you do contradicts the reasons why you were found to have this then it could go against you when you're next reviewed.

    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.