Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions and do not want to discourage open discussion, we cannot allow discussions which are purely intended to influence voting.

As ever, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Hey everyone! New here and struggling with life.

Options
samthesnake
samthesnake Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited June 4 in Cerebral palsy

Hey everyone I'm new here I have CP and depression and Anxiety, anger management issues. Having this disability really effects my mental health negatively. It's hard to cope really and who else here has panic/anxiety attacks everytime they leave the house? 👋 I went to pick up my prescriptions today and I get stared at everytime I'm out in public and then I call myself horrible names in my head. I am a very negative thinker. And lately I've seen a lot of people with obvious physical disabilities online and they r always so cheerful and I wish I could ignore the stares I get and ignore the horrible things people say to me I just can't. Oh and the daily physical pains. Yay.

Comments

• Hammy57
    Hammy57 Community member Posts: 12 Listener
    Options

hello I am also new to this Community. I am hoping to meet new friends and sure experiences. I have suffered terribly with my mental health since my devastating strokes so I know how difficult things can be for you. Hopefully we can find comfort knowing other people have been through the same things and come out the other side with a positive outlook

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.