Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions and do not want to discourage open discussion, we cannot allow discussions which are purely intended to influence voting.

As ever, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.

Returning to work as a carer/healthcare assistant with fibromyalgia

Options
Aphrodite_Persephone
Aphrodite_Persephone Community member Posts: 21 Connected
edited June 9 in Work and employment

I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia six years ago. I left school without completing my GCSES and have worked as in carer/healthcare assistant roles as that's all I'm qualified for. I currently am studying AAT Level 2 in the evenings which I finish next month and plan to study for my GCSEs Maths, English & Biology along with AAT Level 3 during the evenings starting in September.

The issue is I'm REALLY REALLY struggling financially, due to my fibromyalgia I'm limited in what work I can do but I've applied for sit down jobs such as receptionist but I get nowhere due to having no GCSEs so I'm really considering returning to working as a carer/healthcare assistant and if I cause further damage to my body then so be it. I think home carer would be better than working on the wards or in a care home as I'll get a little rest between patients.

I just wanted to know if anyone here with fibromyalgia currently works as a carer/healthcare assistant? How has it been for you? Any struggles?

Tagged:
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.