Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions and do not want to discourage open discussion, we cannot allow discussions which are purely intended to influence voting.

As ever, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Humblebragging

Options
66Mustang
66Mustang Community member Posts: 14,960 Disability Gamechanger

Someone taught me a new word today

I was driving my car in sport mode today and I complained that it was very easy to accidentally apply too much acceleration and go faster than you intended

My passenger said that sounded like a “humblebrag”

I obviously looked confused because they explained a “humblebrag” is when you tell someone that you have a problem, but you’re disguising something that you are actually bragging about

Another example is complaining that you find it hard to find shirts where your arms fit in the sleeves - what you actually are doing is bragging that you have big muscles!!

I thought it would be fun to ask … if anyone has ever heard of this or wants to share any good or funny examples of “humblebragging”???

Comments

• Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 5,552 Disability Gamechanger
    Options

"It's so hard for me to find a parking space for my humvee!"

Albus (he/him)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
    Opinions expressed are solely my own.
    Neurodivergent.
  • 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 14,960 Disability Gamechanger
    Options

@Albus_Scope

I genuinely heard someone moaning - during when petrol was really expensive about a year ago - that due to the £120 limit at the petrol pump, they had to fill up in 2 transactions

Aside from vans and things, there are only a few cars that take that much petrol, and none of them are small economical hatchbacks 🤐

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.