Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions and do not want to discourage open discussion, we cannot allow discussions which are purely intended to influence voting.

As ever, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.

Enhanced Disability Premium

haam Community member Posts: 11 Listener

My PIP was put up to enhanced for daily living and mobility late last year and I am in receipt of income related ESA.

I was talking to someone and they mentioned I might be entitled to the enhanced disability premium. I already get the severe disability premium and the disability income guarantee.

Could anyone please advice if this is the case? I don't want to write a letter to the DWP and look stupid if it's not right. I would have thought if I was entitled to it I'd get it, but the person I was talking to said they're so busy it's not always the case and sometimes you have to ask them to look into it. As this whole thing is coming out now about being migrated onto UC with letters being sent in September and all finished by the end of next year, I didn't want to miss out on this potential entitlement and the backpay that would come with it.



  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 56,138 Disability Gamechanger

    The Disability Income Guarantee is actually EDP (£20.85/week) single person. I have no idea why it's referred to as this in ESA breakdown letters, makes no sense to me.

    EDP is always automatically paid when in the Support Group claiming Income Related. If in the WRAG then it's paid if claiming Enhanced daily living PIP/ADP or DLA high rate care.

    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • haam
    haam Community member Posts: 11 Listener

    Thank you so much for explaining this to me! It doesn't make sense really!

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.