If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Change of vehicle and Taxation class to disabled

Options
Bingo
Bingo Community member Posts: 73 Courageous

Hi all!! I recently sold my vehicle (today in fact) that had my disabled tax class on it. I have bought another vehicle (both privately) a few days ago which I had to tax normally to drive home. I have changed the ownership on the old vehicle to the new owner but I now need to change the tax classification on my new vehicle to disabled. I thought this could be done online but I dont think so. Is it a case of just going into the post office with the various forms? Would prefer to do it online as the PO is a PIA!! 🤣

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 57,229 Disability Gamechanger
    Options

Taxing it for the first time means you need to take everything to your local post office. You will also need a new Certificate of entitlement because the one you used for your previous vehicle is no longer valid. For that you need to ring the benefits department that pays the benefit. ( if you haven't already)

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Bingo
    Bingo Community member Posts: 73 Courageous
    Options

Thanks, if it involves getting a new certificate I wonder how long that takes. Its just that I will be away in a couple of weeks for some time. It didnt mention that on anything online I found though.

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 57,229 Disability Gamechanger
    Options

It tells you in this link here. https://www.disabledmotoring.org/motoring/road-tax-exemption

You will also need to get a new certificate if either the registered keeper or the vehicle changes

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.