If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Neuropathic pain / CRPS

Options
Broreb1981
Broreb1981 Community member Posts: 166 Courageous

Any advice would be much appreciated please. I was told I have CRPS and I'm being treated for CRPS. I was just about to purchase travel insurance and I thought I would have another read through my diagnosis letter. It wasn't clear to me so I called to double check with the pain consultant. He told me to put down neuropathic pain, this has increased my quote by £90. Can I dispute this with him? How do I approach the subject of wanting my CRPS diagnosis being official. I'm waiting for an autism assessment and one of my issues is replying to people during a conversation, I need prompting, extra time to process and think of my reply and sometimes I need help to get my side of the conversation going. Next week I will have no one available to help me during my phone call with him. I keep trying to rehearse how the conversation could go but I could do with some tips on how to prepare myself for what could be said and how I answer.

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.