If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Community Groceries - food co ops - not food banks

Options
JW77
JW77 Community member Posts: 45 Pioneering
edited July 5 in Cost of living

We've very lucky in Telford to have a Community Grocery which we tend to visit once a week.

https://communitygrocery.org.uk/how-we-can-help/

They have stores dotted around the UK (although not everywhere)
£5 annual membership gives you '£5 shops' which basically give you the equivalent of around £40 quids worth of shopping.

We also have another 'outlet'

So do check em out. I think they are looking to open more stores. So if you need one in your area, see if any groups are interested.

Comments

• Rachel_Scope
    Rachel_Scope Posts: 255 Pioneering
    Options

Hi @JW77.

Thanks for sharing this, it’ll be very helpful to those in need. I see that they offer courses too! It’s great to see more initiatives like this 😊

Rachel (she/her)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

• Ziadawn
    Ziadawn Community member Posts: 31 Courageous
    Options

Are the wholesale items priced then? We have food banks, and food pantries in my area.

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.