If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Access to the local village hall

Options
EstherT
EstherT Community member Posts: 7 Listener

hello I want some advice. I turned up like many to vote yesterday only to find one of the double doors locked, to the smaller of two rooms. So I could not enter to vote. This was 5.30 pm. Luckily I had very helpful people assist me as I can walk with sticks a short distance. I have no idea if anyone else was unable to access, as I’m not the only disabled person in the village.
Is this legal? (I complained and someone came and opened the door a while later)

Plus I have been informed I may have to sign a waiver to enter this room in the future. As the toilet access is too small for a chair, despite being one in the main hall. I’m not sure if this is for an event like a fire? But feel it discriminating. At the moment this is only a proposal and hope they have the sense not to follow through. Can you advise? Thank you.

Comments

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.