Random pip payment.

noahluvthumper
noahluvthumper Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited July 26 in PIP, DLA, and AA

I got a weird email about my visa card yesterday afternoon so I decided to check my bank because I got anxious, instead of my bank being hacked I was greeted to a £1919 by pip. I am rather confused and anxious as to why they have gave me this because I got back paid last year when they renewed my claim. They paid me £4052 last year when they upped my daily living and mobility to high rate and this was from march 7th 2022 to June 15th 2023, I am aware that the back payment should actually be double this and they did note in this letter they may owe me money but never said anything further and I never thought anything of this until I saw this £1919, it’s been nearly 10 days since they’ve paid me this and haven’t sent a letter so i’m just panicking if this was some mistake, I’ve been researching it and found no answer as to why i’ve been randomly given this, I’d like to know if anyone has experienced anything similar

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 59,087 Championing

You will need to ring them to ask because we can only guess what it's for.

• Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 7,000 Online Community Coordinator

Hey there @noahluvthumper and welcome to the community.

I can see Poppy is already helping you out with your query, but I just wanted to pop in and say a quick hello. 😊