ADHD and ASD assessment via Psychiatry UK

sunshine41
sunshine41 Community member Posts: 37 Connected

Hello, I hope you are well.

Does anyone have any experience with Psychiatry UK. I am waiting for my assessment with them. Are the assessments done on a video call?

Also, are you sent questions you will be asked prior?

Thank you!๐Ÿ˜Š

Comments

• markf87
    markf87 Community member Posts: 33 Contributor
    edited July 29

Psych -UK are brilliant. Itโ€™s done on video call everyone is lovely.

you will get some stuff to fill in online aswell. Quite straightforward.

Iโ€™m talking to my psychiatrist from there tomorrow to check Iโ€™m still ok to go onto my meds due to various medical reasons.

hopefully I can start them as my adhd been driving me crackers!

• Meg24
    Meg24 Community member Posts: 288 Pioneering

My therapist rates them and I rate.my therapist! My daughter is on the waiting list for an assessment with them atm. Hope it goes well for you.

• sunshine41

Hi @markf87, thank you for your reply and all the information! It has put my mind at rest.

I hope your appointment goes well/went well and you got your meds ๐Ÿ˜Š

• sunshine41

Hi @Meg24, thank you so much for your reply. lol it's reassuring when your therapist rates them.

Thank you and all the best to your daughter too ๐Ÿ˜Š

• WhatThe
    WhatThe Community member, Scope Member Posts: 1,838 Championing
    edited July 30

Hi sunshine, they must be good because I've avoided submitting the pre-assessment forms for a year and even told them I want to be removed from the waiting list but they haven't given up on me!

There has been no pressure whatsoever to proceed or withdraw from the process, just regular offers of support if and when I need it.

• sunshine41

Hi @WhatThe thanks for your response. lol glad to hear they persevere as I do have a habit of putting forms off, so maybe this is what I need!

However, I am glad it is not in a pressured way as that would make me get all frazzled (doesn't take a lot!).

๐Ÿ˜Š

• WhatThe
    edited July 30

Exactly! It's almost as though they understand ๐Ÿ˜…

• WhatThe
    edited July 30

I do find logging onto the portal tricky sometimes but only because it's very secure.

It was when they contacted me recently after I thought I'd confirmed wanting to be removed that I made a start on the forms - they also sent me paper copies. Not as painful as I'd expected.

I don't know how to do Zoom or Teams and I'm nervous about getting the diagnosis and trying new medication especially when there are reported shortages.

• markf87
    markf87 Community member Posts: 33 Contributor

no worries ๐Ÿ˜Š

unfortunately I canโ€™t start meds now โ˜น๏ธ as it would be a risk with my current medical situation but still being positive once things are more sorted etc psych doesnโ€™t see a problem why we couldnโ€™t start them in the future.

Hope everything goes well for you โ˜บ๏ธ

• RomfordRob
    RomfordRob Community member Posts: 4 Listener

I'd be interested in having a list of the names of all the Dr's working for Psychiatry UK. It may be an autistic thing but I love lists of names.

• RomfordRob
    RomfordRob Community member Posts: 4 Listener

I'm glad to hear others have had such a promising experience with Psychiatry-UK. From my own research I'd come to the conclusion that the whole company was a fraud run by fraudsters, registered to an address of a slum in Cornwall which doesn't have a registered owner. It's nice to find out the truth on here.

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 11,554 Online Community Programme Lead