Motability car suspended today

happypanda767
happypanda767 Community member Posts: 2 Listener

hi I have a notability car under my name and my son is the main driver as I don’t have a license but I can drive perfectly yesterday I was under the influence of my medication and my mind was not in the right place and I took the car keys without my son knowledge and was stopped by police the car was taken and motability have suspended me for 4 years is there anyway I can change this decision as the car is very important for me and my family as hospital runs doctors without a car that is very hard we have only had the car for 3 months and I was stupid and not in the right mind that why I took and regret my actions as it has impacted me and my family is there any way to get the car back

Tagged:

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 59,087 Championing

You can appeal the decision and they will reconsider. I have no idea how long it will take for them to make a decision.

• MW123
    MW123 Scope Member Posts: 712 Championing
    edited August 17

@happypanda767

I am truly sorry to hear about your situation and the impact it is having on you and your family. Based on the information you have shared, it seems you may have committed several serious offenses, such as driving without a licence and under the influence of medication. If the car was not insured for you to drive, this could add another serious offense, potentially leading to further legal consequences. You did not mention whether the police will be taking further action or the reason your car was stopped, but these are important factors to consider.

I strongly recommend talking to a solicitor who can help you understand the details of your case, especially if the police are taking further action. They can also advise you on the best steps to take, including whether you can appeal the four year Motability suspension. Although I am not familiar with the exact rules of the Motability scheme, I suggest you carefully review your lease agreement to understand the terms and conditions.

We all have moments when we make impulsive decisions that we later regret. These moments can be embarrassing, hurtful, or even dangerous, but they are a natural part of being human. What matters most is that we learn from these experiences and take steps to avoid them in the future. I truly wish you all the best and hope you have the support you need during this difficult time.

• MrSt0rM
    MrSt0rM Community member Posts: 32 Connected

Unfortunately you broke the law and in some cases can be prosecuted for it, because of that Motability will remove you from the scheme for about 3 years. This happened to my brother, he was banned for 3 or 4 years from re-applying to the scheme.