Housing Medical Assessment

INDITics
INDITics Scope Member Posts: 34 Connected

Hi,

So I applied for disability housing in April and got a swift rejection to my application due to the fact I hadn't been living in the borough for 5 years+ (I had been living in the borough since birth and only moved officially, 2-3 years ago to help my opa pass over) I appealed on the same day (11th April) and didn't hear anything back from them until I chased on the 28th June when they told me they hadn't received anything from me about an appeal, I forwarded my response and they then said they'd pass it onto the appeal team with the consideration for the fact that I am moving back to the borough as my carers live there and I am needing more carer help with certain things, they said that this would take 28 weeks, but what I am confused about is it 28 weeks from the day they found my email which was the 28th June or from 11th April when I had sent off the original appeal to the right email address?

Has anyone had any dealings with housing? I am losing my mind at the fact that I can barely manage myself at home, I also can't move my wheelchair into my place because my place has stairs so having to (on no leg ability days) stay in my room and drag myself to bathrooms, I feel pathetic. it's effecting my mental health and I don't think they care.

Tagged:

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 59,087 Championing

Timescales are just a guide anyway and a decision could be made at anytime. For this reason I don't think it matters when it's actually from. Hopefully, you'll have a decision soon.

• egister
    egister Posts: 274 Empowering

Are there any legal deadlines for such responses?

• Rachel_Scope
    Rachel_Scope Posts: 1,059 Online Community Coordinator

Hi @INDITics I'm so sorry that you're going through this. I'm not sure when the start date of the 28 weeks would be, sorry. Is there anyone available to help you in your current home?