PIP backdated from 2018?

shahriyar7
shahriyar7 Community member Posts: 3 Listener

Hi, hope you are well! I feel confused myself so i want to ask you who have experienced about this situation similar to me. I did asked to DWP about the old PIP rate had wrongly awarded from 2018 to 2024 because I'm deaf and cannot speak at all so they should be awarded me higher point in daily living parts from standard to enchaned but they asked me to fill out the new PIP questionaire form about change of circumstance one month ago and I received the pip letter about new pip rates are correctly awarded but wait, I didnt get backdated payment from 2018? shall i appeal against the decision about my old pip rate and could get backdated pay?

Kind Regards

Shahriyar

Tagged:

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 59,087 Championing

If you reported changes to your health condition then you will receive the extra money from that date. You won't receive anything backdated from 2018 to 2024.

If you weren't happy with the decision that was made in 2018 you could have challenged that decision at that time. Unfortunately, you are outside of the 13 months timescale to challenge that decision now.

The decision letter will tell you what money is owed to you and when to expect payment into your bank.

• shahriyar7
    shahriyar7 Community member Posts: 3 Listener

ok thank you for the answer and i heard some people says i can get backdated 3 months before the date of new claim?

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 59,087 Championing

No problem. I'm sorry but it's not possible to backdate it for 3 months, this doesn't apply to PIP.

You were already claiming PIP when you reported the changes anyway. The earliest it will be paid from is the date you rang to report the changes.