I'm so bored.

SunflowerValley
SunflowerValley Community member Posts: 309 Empowering

I'm disabled. I can't use my legs or my right arm. This means I can only use my left arm.

I'm so bored that is driving me crazy. I have nobody to go out with, I'm so bored of watching tv and I can't go out on my own.

I'm that bored that I just cry because I don't know what to do anymore.

ยซ1

Comments

• Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 6,910 Online Community Coordinator

Sorry to hear you're so bored @SunflowerValley is there anything we can do to help support you? Have you spoken to your GP about how you're feeling?

• AKR
    AKR Community member Posts: 159 Empowering

@SunflowerValley

Sorry to read about your struggles - that must be very tough.

Do you have any friends/acquaintances or family that you can arrange zoom calls with every so often ?

• SunflowerValley

@Albus_Scope I just don't know what I can do. I don't think they need to help me and I hate appointments. But thank you for the suggestion.

@AKR I live near all my family, they are 10 mins away. But they don't really talk to me. My friend is struggling with some things so we only text really. I live with my mum, dad, dog and sister. My mum and dad go out a lot, which I don't mind because I feel guilty as they couldn't go out much alone until now. And my sister is a lazy teenager so she doesn't want to do things with me. My other siblings who either have a different mum or dad, they don't see us really. It's very rare and one has fell out with my parents.

• onedayatatime
    onedayatatime Community member Posts: 212 Empowering

Hello @SunflowerValley I'm wandering if there may be some form of Befriending Service available in your area? I'm not 100% sure how it works, some organisations offer phone calls chats or do online virtual meet ups. But I'm certain there are befriending services where you meet up in person. Again, I'm not sure how it all works but hopefully others here could give some suggestions or pointers.

• Rachel_Scope
    Rachel_Scope Posts: 1,059 Online Community Coordinator

Hi @SunflowerValley I'm so sorry that you feel this way. A befriending service would be a great idea as @onedayatatime suggested. Have you spoken to your parents about how you feel?

• SunflowerValley

@onedayatatime Thank you for the suggestion. I will check it out.

@Rachel_Scope Thank you, I will definitely look into it. Yeah, but they don't know what I can do either.

• Rachel_Scope

Are they able to take you out anywhere with them? Have you looked online at any places you'd like to visit?

• SunflowerValley

@Rachel_Scope Sorry for the delay. Been a bit down the last few days.

No, it's a little hard. But I may be moving soon to a different area which has more things to do there. And has easier access to shops and restaurants. Hopefully I move within the year and then I may be able to do more things and hopefully more days to go out with my PA after I have finished college.

• Rachel_Scope

Hi @SunflowerValley, how are you feeling today?

I hope you're able to move soon so you can get out more. What are you studying at college?

• SunflowerValley

Hi @Rachel_Scope, I'm still feeling down and very bored.

I'm studying Health and Social Care.

• Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 6,910 Online Community Coordinator

Ah that sounds like a great thing to study!

• Rachel_Scope

How are you feeling today @SunflowerValley? Health and Social Care will be a rewarding course to do. Have you already started?

• SunflowerValley

Sorry for the delayed responses, been a bit down.

@Albus_Scope I enjoy it. Except the exams and heavy load of assignments.

@Rachel_Scope I'm still down, a bit sad and bored too. I love it. I have already done Year 1 and start Year 2 in a week and half. I go in next Wednesday though for a few hours to collect my timetable and do some things.

• Rachel_Scope

You don't need to apologise @SunflowerValley ๐Ÿ˜Š Has anything in particular made you feel sad today?

I wonder if you'll feel a bit better once your studying starts again. I'm studying with the Open University and I know I feel a bit lost when I don't have studying to do! Are you studying for career reasons? It's great that you love it, it makes it so much easier to study doesn't it?

• SunflowerValley

@Rachel_Scope I'm bored, very warm and just a bit down as I haven't done anything all day except watch tv.

Maybe, thats good. I wish I was studying for the job I want to do. I want to be a neonatal nurse but because I can only use one arm and can't move my legs I don't think I will be able to do it. It definitely does.

My mum rang someone about trying to learn to drive, I need to fill out a previsional form and see if I can drive or not with adaptions. I'm trying to not get my hopes up. I will also never be able to afford an adapted car even if I can drive.

• Rachel_Scope

It's definitely warmer today. Make sure you keep drinking plenty, I'm chugging my water!

Have you looked into similar jobs you could maybe do if being a neonatal nurse isn't an option? I've had to change my career and my degree isn't relevant to what I do now but I still want to continue as I love learning and there'll definitely be some transferable knowledge and skills. Maybe you could search for Health and Social Care jobs so you know what's out there? I'm in my late 30s and love my current job but still haven't decided what my 'grown-up' job will be ๐Ÿ˜‚

Driving would be great! It would give you some independence. Motability would help you with adaptations to a car if you're eligible https://www.motability.co.uk/whats-available/adaptations/ .

• SunflowerValley

I hate water but I'm trying to drink more. I'm currently drinking cherry coke.

As long as you do a job you love ๐Ÿ˜‚. I just really want to work with babies but I don't think it will be possible. Might have a chat with the people at college when they focus on what we do after this last year on the course.

I will have to look into that. I just really want independence and just to drive to clear thoughts sometimes. I love to go on drives.

• Rachel_Scope

That's a great idea. They'll know what your options are. I hope you do get to work with babies in some way โค๏ธ

I love drives too. We go out for a drive at least once a week in the evening. It's best when it's christmas and everyone has their lights up. Definitely look into Motability, I'm sure there'll be something that can be done for you ๐Ÿ˜Š

• SunflowerValley

Yeah, thank you. I hope you find a job that interests you and that you enjoy.

That sounds so relaxing. I used to love driving past all the Christmas lights, haven't done it in a few years though. I hope we do it this year. My dad travels to jobs a lot so he knows where to look for the good Christmas lights. Although some people in my area have kept some up ๐Ÿ˜‚ at least they won't have too much decorating to do though ๐Ÿคฃ.

I hope they do.

• SunflowerValley

Do you think Motability will help pay for adaptions even if you are receiving PIP?