Pads at night: leaking = not sleeping

americanabroad
americanabroad Community member Posts: 14 Contributor

Hello everyone! I'm Leah and I'm the mum of a 12 yo boy with CP and ASD. He wears pads overnight which fit him fine and are an 8/10 absorbency. He wears the same ones during the day. Problem is, at night they're leaking (sometimes during the day too), which means we're all up in the night. we've tried lots of different solutions: wearing gamgee roll to boost absorbency, wee right before bed, fitting them looser or tighter, etc. Does anyone have a magic solution that helped someone in the same situation?

Thank you so much in advance!

Comments

• Bluebell21
    Bluebell21 Community member Posts: 792 Empowering

Hello @americanabroad Would it be possible for your son to wear two pads at night?

• americanabroad

thanks for your response! I'm just not sure how that would work- I think the leaking is coming out of the sides!

• Kimmy87
    Kimmy87 Community member Posts: 508 Empowering

Would different underwear/wearing two pairs help? Or maybe a small pair of tight shorts so the pad is held in place better.

• older01
    older01 Community member Posts: 67 Contributor

@americanabroad

Have you thought about buying inconti - pants? They are more comfortable for the person wearing them and easy to change. Your health worker could be able to help you with the best suitable for your son.

Best wishes 💯🩷

• americanabroad

thanks! I just would assume they're not as absorbent overnight but I could be wrong!!

• older01
    older01 Community member Posts: 67 Contributor

@americanabroad I have screenshot an example of some pants just as an example of what’s available as an alternative to leaky pads.