NHS wheelchair provision/repair proposed documentary

WheelchairCrisis
WheelchairCrisis Community member Posts: 4 Listener

Hi Everyone,

I'm doing research for a proposed TV documentary about the problems with NHS wheelchair provision and repairs. I'm looking for people to contact me with their experiences, whether for a manual or power chair. I too am battling to get a replacement wheelchair for my brother whilst his existing chair is unsafe and unfit for purpose and has been for years. I'm looking to find out how widespread the issues are and whether it's mostly tied to a specific provider or the entire service. If you have had a good experience I'd also like to hear the details to help try and narrow down possible causes.

At the first stage I'll write a proposal/pitch document which me and my production company will use to try and secure a commission from a UK Broadcaster and if that fails we will try for a radio documentary. This story is important and disabled people are being failed and physically harmed by these failings and action needs to be taken.

You don't have to give your name or details but I will need the know the area and service provider you have experience with and details about the issues you have faced/are facing.

You can message me on here privately or else via email steph@hoipolloipictures.uk

Tagged:

Comments

• Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 7,000 Online Community Coordinator

The above post has been moderated and checked by the Scope Community Team

Our website contains links to third parties’ websites for your information only. We have no control over the content of those sites or resources and we don’t endorse or accept liability for the content of them.

Read the full Terms and Conditions and our Community House Rules.