Family support letter for tribunal help or advice πŸ™

GoldCandle123
GoldCandle123 Community member Posts: 1 Listener

Hiya,

My mum asked me to do a family support letter for her tribunal, she suffers from a range of severe mental health issues that have a massive impact on her day to day life, i was previously acting as a young carer, but I've been at university the last 9 months or so, and my general knowledge of her coping mechanism and triggers has changed in that time

My main question was if anyone had any advice at all for mental health specific support letters? I've seen people do some advice for physical disabilities, but it feels like its so wide reaching that I don't even know where to start or how to approach writing it down on any way that's appropriate for a court room, would my letter even be valid if some of the examples I can give are from a year ago?

Any advice is welcome at this point πŸ™πŸ™

Tagged:

Comments

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 11,558 Online Community Programme Lead

Hello @GoldCandle123 and welcome to the community. How is your university course going? πŸ™‚

A letter from you would still be helpful as evidence, especially if you include some real world anecdotes of things the type of support you used to give your mum and why (for example what happens if she doesn't have the help). I know it can be hard to write to openly about someone you care about, but the more honest, open and detailed you can be, the better.

Have you had a look at the descriptors that she is appealing to see the sort of information that may be relevant?