Hi, my name is Tyler2018! Where can I get food and energy vouchers for the weekend?

Tyler2018
Tyler2018 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited September 13 in Money and bills

Need food and energy vouchers for this weekend. Falling short and mo money till Tuesday. Have 2 children with disabilities and struggling.

Comments

• Tyler2018
    Tyler2018 Community member Posts: 2 Listener

Don't normally ask for help. This is a big deal for me.

• Rosie_Scope
    Rosie_Scope Posts: 3,818 Online Community Coordinator

Hi @Tyler2018, sorry to hear you're struggling at the moment, it can be really difficult to ask for help but I hope we can offer you some support. I'm going to send an email soon, so please look out for that 😊

In the meantime, Citizens Advice might be a good place to start, they can let you know how to access your local food bank and can put you in touch with other places that might be able to help.

Trussell Trust might also be able to help you with some food, but sometimes you need a referral for this from your GP or local authority:
    Emergency food - The Trussell Trust

Scope's helpline is open until 6pm tonight and will be open from 10am-6pm tomorrow, they might also have some ideas for things to try:
    Helpline | Disability charity Scope UK

Hope things start feeling easier soon.

• WhatThe
    WhatThe Community member, Scope Member Posts: 1,875 Championing
    edited September 13

Hi Tyler, search online for your area because some community food banks and churches provide weekend support - food to take away or eat in. You don't need a referral for some and I hope you find something.

Most council switchboards close at 5pm but your GP or local library could help at this time if you're able to make a phone call?