Opportunity for carers or professionals to take part in research project about impact of Covid

JacmPat
JacmPat Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited October 3 in Families and carers

Hi there! My name is Jacqueline Paterson and I am undertaking a research project with the University of Kent for my PhD about the impact of Covid and the lockdowns on young people with a disability or special educational need. For the second part of my study I am keen to engage with parent/carers and professionals who supported young people with SEND who were between the ages of 14 and 25 and in education during the lockdowns. Last year I spoke to many young people themselves and I am now keen to hear about the experiences of the adults who supported them. This is to get the wider picture of what was happening during the lockdowns to the young people and also to gain the carer's and professionals views.

I used to be a teacher for many years and I now work as a young person’s advisor in a SEND information, advice and support service. I have had experience working with young people and adults with SEND and I am fully DBS checked for this project. 

Your contribution will involve an interview lasting around an hour and will be online at a time that suits you. I have attached a parent information sheet to this message and your involvement will be very much appreciated, as the voices of those involved need to be captured so that learning and understanding can take place. Also, of course, without participants there can be no research!

If you are interested in letting me know about your experience and views, then please do contact me so you can decide if you would like to take part.

I hope to hear from you soon! Please contact me on jmp54@kent.ac.uk.

Comments

• Rachel_Scope
    Rachel_Scope Posts: 1,411 Online Community Coordinator

The above post has been moderated and checked by the Scope Community Team. 

Our website contains links to third parties’ websites for your information only. We have no control over the content of those sites or resources and we don’t endorse or accept liability for the content of them.