migration letter

debzwalker
debzwalker Community member Posts: 2 Listener

Hi, I wonder if someone please give me some advice. I am currently on income related ESA, with severe disability. I have read somewhere that they are aiming to send out migration letters to everyone this month? I believe a managed migration letter walks me through what to do - is it easy? Also, when migrating over to UC do I have to supply all the doctors/consultants letters i.e. proof of what I have etc? Thank you for your help.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 60,306 Championing

It's not specifically this month. It's anytime from now up until end of December 2025.

If you're in the Support Group for ESA then you'll be entitled to the LCWRA element of UC from the start of your claim. You won't need to provide a fit note or any evidence for your health conditions.

It's not difficult to claim UC but many people find it stressful due to fear of the unknown.

Citizens Advice have a help to claim helpline where they will guide you and talk you through the whole process.

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/about-us/contact-us/contact-us/help-to-claim/