DWP £780 1 time payment this month October 2024

Angie1976
Angie1976 Community member Posts: 8 Listener

Hi 👋 everyone can anyone please let me know if this dwp £780 for means tested certain benefits that they're saying is due in people who's eligible's bank accounts this month is happening as it keeps saying it's being processed & to look out for it in people's bank accounts meant to be anytime now, can anyone tell me anything about this or is this fake thanks hope everyone on here are coping through this tough time we're all going through & love ❤️ to anyone who needs to hear this. Yours faithfully. 💪❤️

Comments

• Nightcity
    Nightcity Community member Posts: 1,146 Trailblazing
    edited October 10

Unless there's some new information I'm unaware of, unfortunately there will be no payment as the cost of living payment scheme closed after the last £900 pound (paid in 3 parts) ended.

I can't see after a quick check a single reliable source that says we're getting any payment.

sorry 💛

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 60,306 Championing

This is likely to be the usual click bate "news" you see from places like the daily fail.. oops, I mean daily mail. 😉 Best thing to do with those is scroll on past and ignore them. Nightcity is correct there's no extra payments due from anywhere.

• Meg24
    Meg24 Community member Posts: 322 Pioneering

If you've received a text or email asking for your bank details or any personal details then this is a scam. If that's happened I would get onto your bank and the DWP straightaway.

• Emilee
    Emilee Community member Posts: 133 Empowering

Unfortunately this is fake. It is mentions in papers such as Lancashire Live and Birmingham Mail and is very misleading. It is talking about the uprating this year and this is where the figure of £780 comes from:

"It saw the New State Pension rise from £203.85 to £221.20 and the old Basic State Pension from £156.20 to £169.50. The Government calculated that the average pension boost received over the year was £310. Added to the £470 for Universal Credit recipients, this gives a total of £780."

This has then been regurgitated by other websites as people receiving one-off payments of £780 and all sorts of other nonsense.

• Rosie_Scope
    Rosie_Scope Posts: 4,086 Online Community Coordinator

Hi @Angie1976, as others have said, this isn't official information and seems to have come from some news websites that are known for being inaccurate. It also looks like it's quite old information, as the articles I found were from April.

Always best to be a bit suspicious if something seems too good to be true! 😊