How to make a complaint about Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)

Peter1
Peter1 Community member Posts: 43 Listener

In the complaint procedure of the Department For Work And Pension (DWP) in the Internet in the following website

https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/department-for-work-pensions/about/complaints-procedure

There is an online form to fill to make a complaint about Universal Credit (UC) but concerning Employment And Support Allowance (ESA) there is only a phone number to make a complaint.

I would like to know how to make a complaint in writing about Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)?

Comments

• Rachel_Scope
    Rachel_Scope Posts: 1,411 Online Community Coordinator

Hi @Peter1. Do you have any letters about your ESA with an address at the top? You can use that address to report a change of circumstances but I'm not 100% sure about complaints.

• Peter1
    Peter1 Community member Posts: 43 Listener

Yes, I have lettesr from the ESA with an address but if I can send my correspondence directly to the complaint department of the ESA there is less chances it will be lost and will dealt with quickly.

Moreover, if I can make a complaint online it will be still better because if I send a letter I will not received any acknowledgment of my complaint and I can never received a response

• Rachel_Scope
    Rachel_Scope Posts: 1,411 Online Community Coordinator

I completely agree that it would be best to send it directly to a complaints department, unfortunately, I've been unable to find an address for this. It does seem odd that there's only a phone number as usually complaints are done in writing. It might be worth calling the number and asking if you can complain in writing.

• vikki66
    vikki66 Community member Posts: 864 Empowering

Funny that it’s harder than it should be to make complaints 🤷‍♂️

• WhatThe
    WhatThe Community member, Scope Member Posts: 2,079 Championing

It's harder than it should be to make a claim! 😓

• SkyLamos
    SkyLamos Community member Posts: 3 Listener

Not a single company, let alone a corporation, never wants to see a complaint or accusation or demand from the company as an employee...otherwise, there is no benefit in a complaint, only time, nerves, stress and ridicule, dismissal from work can be expected for sure from that zombie businessman Their heads are all in their pockets and no one else has the honor to discuss with non-authoritative individuals (employees) (slaves

• WhatThe
    WhatThe Community member, Scope Member Posts: 2,079 Championing
    edited October 12

This is the largest department in government. Complaints to DWP are work and we all keep them in work. They don't mind their appalling reputation and they employ well-rehearsed excuses.