Claiming uc

rainbowboo
rainbowboo Community member Posts: 50 Connected

Hello

I've just claimed uc , as we had a migration notice

I've done the linking up to make it a joint claim, my husband he's on ESA , but there wasn't an option to mention he's in the support group, will they automatically put him on the LCWRA or do we have to mention that on his journal? Also i receive carers allowance, will i be expected to do the work commitments?

Any help would be greatly appreciated thank you

Comments

• hmass01
    hmass01 Community member Posts: 12 Listener

Having recently did this myself I sent a note via my journal explaining that I was in support group ESA & it has all been actioned without any fuss.

• jac1poppy2
    jac1poppy2 Community member Posts: 43 Listener

Well been in contact with UC as I'm a carer and lwca turns out new rules in I will have to find work now

• hmass01

Well that is very strange my partner is my carer & having written all this in the journal I had no stress at all.

• rainbowboo

Thank you for that information very helpful , oh I was under the impression if you claimed carers allowance, you didn't have to look for work? OK I will have to wait and see what happens then thanks again x

• hmass01

Just make sure you put in as much detail as possible my partner works & cares for me anyway so not sure regarding carer needing to work.

• rainbowboo

OK thank you , I've wrote on the journal so we're see what happens

• Suraj007
    Suraj007 Community member Posts: 1 Listener

Hi

Are you in receipt of UC carers element as you stated you are in receipt of carers allowance as well. If you are caring for more than 35 hours per week, you don't need to write on the journal all times. I have written once as they are aware I am doing a job, caring for my son full-time time.

• theme79
    theme79 Scope Member Posts: 4 Listener

o get working tax credit and my wife gets cares allowance- just tried to deal with migration to UC… talk about complicated tortuous system - I fact when I listed all my health conditions it seemed to just assume I didn’t work and so could find a way to put in my work earnings - I’ve probably got it wrong but I’m so hacked off with having to constantly write my whole life and health and impairments down and even then have to prove it over and over again I feel like just ditching it all.

If I still had my EU citizenship I would be gone in a flash - I’m no sori g chicken but I feel as an aging and life king disabled person I feel more and more marginalised and excluded day by day - it used to be I l loved my London life and from an family that’s lived in a multicultural London for 400 years and an NHS that cared for me and looked after my health for over 50 years - now it’s no longer there. I feel, especially as physically disabled people we have become a problem and are increasingly being seen as THE problem especially as we age.

• NDmummy
    NDmummy Community member Posts: 27 Contributor

We migrated to UC early September from CTC, first payment 10th October. Husband claims carers allowance for youngest child and has been told therefore will not have to do any work commitments

• russ7
    russ7 Community member Posts: 18 Connected

As a carer you don't have to be available for work but carers allowance is deducted from universal credit.

• rainbowboo

Thank you for the information