Would You Ever Live Off Grid?๐Ÿ˜Š๐ŸŒฑ

Mary_Scope
Mary_Scope Posts: 5,879 Scope Online Community Children and Family Specialists

I've fell down a Youtube rabbit hole and I have been watching a lot of homestead, off grid and tiny home channels lately.

A definition of off grid is "is setting up a home that is completely independent from public utilities like electricity, municipal water, and sewer system."

I would in theory like to live off grid. I do like the idea of the security of having my own water system and electricity etc in case anything went wrong with the public systems. However I think in practice I would find it very difficult and too time consuming!

I do like the tiny homes though๐Ÿ˜„They look much easier to clean!

What about you? Would you like to live off grid?

Comments

  • Rosie_Scope
    Rosie_Scope Posts: 9,509 Online Community Team

    I think I'd struggle! If I could live somewhere where I could generate enough energy to at least heat the water then maybeโ€ฆ But I rely quite heavily on being able to keep warm and be clean. I'd need a decent outside space if I was going to live in tiny home too. I'm way too clumsy for small spaces ๐Ÿ˜„

    I can get on board with growing veg though and making things from scratch in a homesteady way! Probably not enough to live off everything I grow or make, but enough to supplement outside purchases.