afo’s or GRO’s — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

afo’s or GRO’s

Options
niceboots
niceboots Scope Member Posts: 198 Pioneering
I've finally got an appointment with orthotics and feel I could do with either afo's to stretch my calf muscles or GRO's - like afo's but with a piece that goes in front of the knee to force it straight. I had these when I was in my teens and they really helped my walking. I stopped using them at about 18, when discharged by consultant and physio and told I didn't need them. since I have been getting tighter especially in the recent year or so (I'm now 24) I was wondering if still wears them or an alternative.
As I put in my previous thread I have just started wearing Piedro boots again, they help a bit as they actually fit properly and support my feet a bit more than most of the boots I have tried.
I feel I'm finding things a little hard atm, it's almost like going back in time - I just want to limit the effects and keep away from surgery and keep mobile.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.